This is the very last time I’ll mention this until a few photos will be put up mid-January following the tasting. It took just over 6 months to put this together and while not many BCS tastings are put together by one person, I found that to be part of the fun. I didn’t win a bunch of trades, just sort of waited patiently and set myself a goal of January to assemble all of these.
If anyone out there has a pre-2005 bottle, let me know. A guy approached me with a 2003 but wanted Hill Farmstead Mimosa level beers for it which is crazy for a 10 year old stout but I do understand its rareness. I’m still ISO a keg of regular and coffee BCS from this year but expect those will make their way outside of Chicago very slowly.
Thanks again to all of my trading partners for helping make this happen. There are 12 people who are going to really enjoy trying all of these side by side in a month and I’m planning food pairings and organizing the house to allow at least 10 people to crash on air mattresses. It’s sure to be a fun evening!
I really hope I didn’t miss any of the BCS beers…this is all of them, right?
- Bourbon County Barleywine (2013)
- King Henry (2011)
- Bourbon County Vanilla (2010)
- Bourbon County Rare (2010)
- Bourbon County Bramble Rye (2011)
- Bourbon County Cherry Rye (2012)
- Bourbon County Backyard Rye (2013)
- Bourbon County Proprietor’s (2013)
- Bourbon County Coffee 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Bourbon County Vertical, 2005 – 2013 + 2009 Bomber