I wanted to map this out as one of my blogs that’s really a letter to myself working out these problems but this is the stuff I spend my free time thinking about. There are a few tickers out there in the same boat as me. I’m not alone in this one.
Here’s every Hill Farmstead Beer I haven’t rated organized by style or growler / bottle with a note from me beside each one if needed.
- Hill Farmstead Madness and Civilization #2 (In Cellar, will review soon)
- Hill Farmstead Genealogy of Morals (Bourbon) (In Cellar, will review soon)
- Hill Farmstead Genealogy Hill Farmstead
- Hill Farmstead Double Barrel Damon (In Cellar, will review soon)
- Hill Farmstead Iced Coffee Stout (Iced Earl)
- Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude #7 (In Fridge, will review soon)
- Hill Farmstead Jim (Bottled Black IPA. Most reviews are from bottle, 2 are from draft. I will just hope this is rebrewed. It’s not worth seeking out 2 year old IPAs)
- Galaxy Single Hop Pale Ale
- Motueka Single Hop Pale Ale
- Rakau Single Hop Pale Ale
- Columbus Single Hop Pale Ale
- Apollo Single Hop Pale Ale
- Pacifica Single Hop Pale Ale
- Sorachi Ace Single Hop Pale Ale
- Summit Single Hop Pale Ale
- Amarillo Single Hop Pale Ale (On tap at HFS now, will review soon)
- Phenomenology of Flora
- Abner is Enlightenment?
- Ephraim and Society & Solitude #5
- Abner Without Principle
- Civil Disobedience (Release 4.5)
- Civil Disobedience (Release 1)
- Civil Disobedience (Release 2)
- Biere de Mars
- Edith (2010)
- Flora: Satsuma Mandarin (In Cellar, will review soon)
- Hill Farmstead/Tired Hands The Myth of Saison
So, there are six Hill Farmstead beers I’ll review soon which will get me into the top 5 raters of this beer. No one has 100% but James Otey is pretty close with 78 of the 93 brews. It’s unlikely that I’ll get to try most of the old bottled Saisons and Iced Earl would also be written off. I’m at 65 of the 93 beers Shaun has brewed. If all of the single hop beers are re-brewed and I review bottles in the cellar, that puts me right there with James at 80 reviews.
This exercise is completely pointless but I was thinking lately how much farther I have to go and put some realizations on myself that I can’t try every thing Shaun has brewed. There’s at least 10 of his beers I’ll never get to try. That’s okay and now that this is documented, I can see that and not feel bad being in last place of the raters. If I had started drinking HFS beers 1 year earlier, maybe I’d be better off.
I’ve never faked a review but a few reviewers of HFS have faked them. That’s unfortunate really but we each have our own lies. Anyway, that’s my little personal project here and I”ll try to update this list as I try more beer from Shaun.