Generally, I only go to Europe once each year. This may be the case in 2013 but there is talk in my group of a 4 week trip in July to Belgium to work on a few special projects. A month in Belgium sounds terrible, doesn’t it? As with most trips, I try to visit other countries either before or after the work part happens. In the past year, it has been an explosion of traffic. Despite a record December, my unique visitors for January are projected at 30% higher than December. Emails, comments and connections continue to be made through this blog and I appreciate that.
- February 22nd: BOS – Brussels
- February 23rd & 24th: Brussels (Touring Cantillon & 3 Fonteinen and drinking with fellow RateBeer Users)
- February 26th: (Day trip to Amsterdam for work meetings)
- February 25th – 28th: Gent (Work, a Gueuze tasting on Monday and another Gueuze tasting on Thursday)
- March 1st: Antwerp (Drinks with Kurt from Belgium in a box along with other RateBeer users, visiting Kulminator again)
- March 2nd: (Day-Trip with Kurt, Private Tour @ Tilquin, De Molen, De Dolle, Fantome? Lots of ideas and getting in touch with brewers now. Also packing up my beer with Kurt to send back to USA)
- March 3rd: Fly to Copenhagen via Brussels
- March 3rd – 6th: Copenhagen with a potential day-trip to Stockholm (Mikkeller bar, RateBeer meet ups, tastings, some in person trades and sightseeing)
- March 6th: Fly back to Boston
This is only a week and a half long trip. Not too long but just enough where I don’t go completely broke from all of the awesome food and drinks and very expensive hotels due to a crappy US Dollar. It IS a work trip so that helps some of the costs but it also means a lot of time spent in important meetings with my team which is great. I don’t get to see them as much as I’d like.
For now, I’ll keep this one brief and simply share that I’m going to Europe again slightly earlier than usual and I’d like to meet up and share drinks with as many people as possible. If you’re around, let’s meet up. I’m stoked to be coming back to Belgium and stoked my home office is in the greatest beer country in the world.
Once the July trip is confirmed, I’ll plan some more solid tastings / events well in advance for anyone interested. For in person trades while in Belgium, I already have 19 bottles going with me to Belgium + Denmark for trades so I’m at capacity for taking on any more. Sorry I can’t have more bottles to bring but that’s simply my max. Lots of great and fun trades and it is always nice bringing home some cool beers to enjoy throughout the year until I go back again.
You can reach me by emailing literally any name @adam-jackson.net. Generally I ask people to email beer@ but you could write “lambiclover@” and this domain name and that’ll work. Most of the hate mail I get goes to douchebag@ adam jackson.net. Oh well.